Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Homemade layered cheese cake

>> Friday, July 24, 2009

I wanted to make a birthday cake for the special someone actually..
First and foremost, I found a classic Tiramisu recipe thru the net and decided to make it this morning..
After going through the ingredients, I did modified the recipe and changed the okra to chocolate sponge cake..
My chef verbally taught us how to make coffee Tiramisu before exam the other day..

End up I made a cheese cake! Because the Mascarpone cheese for Tiramisu can no where be found..
LOL!

So end up I went to Cold Storage and Sim for the ingredients..
This is the first time I made layered cheese cake too.. Looks uneven but tastes as usual, Good ;P

Super cheezy and creamy oreo cheese cake!

The sponge cake I wanted to use for Tiramisu.. Used the old school recipe.. So the sponge cake really look like sponge! Brown spongy spongebob!

Made them layer by layer.. First to bake the oreo cracker base, then the oreo cheese batter (reserve some to stick the sponge cake), then place a piece of sponge cake on the oreo batter when it is cooked (then paint a light layer of plain cheese batter on the spongecake, bake awhile) and finally pour the plain batter and make some chocolate linings..

Err.. Remember to steam-bake the cake!

Yum yum.. I cut it and eat it when I found out that the special someone is no longer in Penang..
Didn't even say good bye wor..
Sigh..

Anyway, here are the descriptions..
First time making layered one.. Look like volcano.. Next time sure even one!

HAHAHAHA..
**Cheers**

If want the recipe, comment me lah..


0 comments:



  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP