Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Ondeh-ondeh made easy..

>> Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Don't ask me why I did this.. I don't want to make it actually.. It is for my 'marks' sake..
This cooking semester, we have to plan and creat our own menu.. I was given the title 'Nyonya Cuisine' and Oh Shiet! I really know nothing about Nyonya..
Then I browse through the net and found this cute little green thing called ondeh-ondeh ( Coconut Poppers)..
Can make it for my desserts.. Btw, are they originated from Nyonya?


So simple.. Just need to knead the glutinious rice flour (250g) with tapioca flour (50g), water (200ml), few drops of apple green colouring and pandan flavouring..
You might want to knead the flour without the colouring first then only add them when the dough is ready..


Then, mix some brown sugar with pounded 'gula Melaka.'
Place on the dough and then grab it tight first before rolling it into a ball..
Be gentle or the dough will break..
*Make sure the dough is very thin so that the melted sugar will ooze out when you bite on it*


When the ball is ready, throw them into the boiling water.. It is cooked when the balls float on the surface..
*After reaching boiling point, lower down the heat so that the ball can be cooked slowly to ensure all brown sugar and 'gula Melaka' melted!*


When it is cooked, drain it then roll on the grated coconut..
Then you're done..

Who want to come 'makan' when my team and I cook?

0 comments:



  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP